Wednesday, June 25, 2014

Practically Perfect In Every Way: Finger Lakes Musical Theater Festival Review

The 2014 Finger Lakes Musical Theater Festival has begun and last week we were able to catch a performance of Mary Poppins at The MGR Playhouse. This was our first visit to the MGR and even though it's about an hour drive from Rochester, I would make the trip again in a heartbeat!

Auburn is a neat town with a lot of history including the home of Harriet Tubman and the Auburn Correctional Facility. If you go to see any of the productions during the festival, I recommend hitting up Connie's Tex Mex  (we had a great view of the prison) for some of their amazing tacos at a really reasonable price!

After dinner we went straight to the Merry-Go-Round Playhouse Theater. It's located right near Owasco Lake in Emerson park which look like a great place for a picnic! Next time I'd like to plan on having enough time to explore a little more.  The area is beautiful and because the theater is the perfect size, there's not a bad seat in the house!

The show itself was even better than I expected! Such a positive and happy feel. From the music to the choreography it was was practically perfect in every way! The show is better than the movie by far! Different, but all my favorite scenes from the movie were still there including some outstanding choreography to "supercalifragilisticexpialidocious". I kept catching myself smiling while I got caught up in the magic of Mary Poppins and I'm planning another trip so my kids can enjoy it too.

SuperCal *Photo credit to Isaac James

Bert was pretty easy on the eyes! *Photo credit to Isaac James


I would highly recommend a trip to the Finger Lakes Musical Theater to enjoy this show or any of the other 7 productions that will be playing this season.   

*I was provided tickets to see Mary Poppins, but all of the opinions are my own :)
72e11da29e5bf14e782da8099eadc74e7f9141a58a8004dc8f

2 comments:

  1. thanks for sharing this i learn a lot and its very interesting. keep posting more
    We tried Shoretel Louisville

    ReplyDelete
  2. I wish i can also perform in a theatrical play like these people portrayed.

    We found deals on Used Phone Systems for Small Business

    ReplyDelete