Monday, February 6, 2012

Super Bowl Scare

I'm so excited! My Valentines craft series is being featured over at...






I love this blog! And being able to be involved in it, even just a little, makes me feel like one of the cool kids ;)

So if you're visiting from The Poop Whisperer...Hey. How are ya? Thanks for stopping by! I'd love if you'd stay a while :)

Our Super Bowl Scare.

After church on Sunday night we stopped over at my parent's house to catch the end of the Super Bowl and to gorge ourselves on snack food. As we were getting into the van to leave church, Ethan thought it would be funny to close the automatic van door before his brother had a chance to climb in. Well it was all fun and games until he realized that his fingers had gotten closed in the door! Even though he was crying, it wasn't that I-just-broke-all-of-my-fingers-so-take-me-to-the-hospital-right-now!! kind of cry. So we went ahead and made the 5 min. drive to my parent's (there were chicken wings waiting to be eaten, people!) and told him to run his hand under cold water.

As I turned around for just a second to get myself Houston some food, I heard a loud BANG! Ethan had just passed out cold and was laying on his back in the middle of the kitchen floor. From the way he looked we thought for a second he was having a seizure! Thankfully he started to come around right away and was able to answer questions and drink some juice.

He was OK. He said while he was running his hand under the cold water he started thinking about the pain and how his swollen finger looked. He's just like his dad! Whenever he gets sick or hurt he starts to get woozy. This is the first time he has ever passed out though. Jonathan passed out in that very same spot about 6 years ago when he had a bad stomach bug. I have a feeling this may be the first of many times this will happen in Ethan's life :/

It was super scary to say the least. Seeing my kid laying on the floor like that was something I pray I never have to see again! I'm so thankful that my husband, family, and friend (who is a nurse) were all there to help.

Ethan asked if I took any pictures of him! Uh..No!  Sorry, but I was too busy wondering if I needed to call 911!!









7 comments:

  1. "My kid's passed out, let me take a picture!" Ha, this is probably the way my kids think that I think. How You Know You're a Photomom #354...

    Glad he's okay!

    --Adana

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. So true! And if I didn't have such a piece of junk camera I would probably take even more!

      Delete
  2. oh man how terrifying! glad he is ok.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks! It didn't all hit me until we were home. I wanted to crawl into bed with him and cuddle just to be sure he was OK.

      Delete
  3. I don't get it. Who slammed whose finger?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. We have automatic van doors. When Ethan pushed the button to close the door on Logan he didn't realize his hand was resting in the door jam. So it closed on his (Ethan's) hand.

      Delete