Friday, February 3, 2012

5 Days Of Valentines Day Crafts...Day 5

Day 1


Day 2


Day 3


Day 4

Can you feel the love yet people?! I know I do ;)

Today I have not one, but TWO crafts for you. Why? Because I may have a gone little over board and tried enough Valentines crafts to fill up at least a week! Don't worry though. Maybe I'll save those for next year ;)

Valentines Day 5: Homemade (heart shaped) crayons and personalized candy bar wrappers.
                                                                                      
Homemade Crayons. 


What you'll need:

Crayons. If you're anything like me then you have a plethora of broken, used crayons just laying around your dinning room floor.

Heart shaped mini muffin pan, candy mold, or silicone tray.

First,preheat your over to 275 degrees.

Next, peel and break the crayons into small pieces. My kids loved helping with this part!
Then fill up the your pan or candy mold with the broken pieces. Make sure you have a good mix of colors in each cup.

Place the pan on a cookie sheet and into the preheated oven for 10-12 min. or until they're melted. *I watched them like a hawk*

Remove the pan and place it in the fridge for about 10 min. to cool.

When they've completely cooled they should just pop right out of the pan.
I used these to make my gang little Valentines that said "You color my world." They've been making pretty rainbow pictures ever since.

Personalized Candy Bar Wrapper. 


What you'll need:

1.55 oz. Hershey bars

Candy bar wrapper template I used this one.

Scrapbook paper and stickers

This one was really easy! I loved the fact that I could personalize each wrapper for each kid. I'm going to keep the template to use again later for gifts and party favors.

First, I printed out the template and traced it onto scrapbook paper then cut it out.

Next, I decorated each wrapper with stickers and ribbon.

Then I wrapped the bars and closed up the back with a bit of tape.

I loved making these crafts with and for my little Valentines. Seeing them get excited about each gift was worth every minute I spent making them.

Have a wonderful Valentine's Day!

No comments:

Post a Comment